Truck Loading Automation
Impression Systems Truck loading automation offering for Indian Companies:
- Capable of handling 22 pallets (26 T) at a time
- Staging of 22 pallets on buffer conveyor for effective use
- Various types of Signalling for smooth operation
- Integration with SAP / other MIS
- A PLC Based System
- Report Generation
- Adjustable height to cater to various trucks
- Skates which load pallets into the truck
- Drive for Skates
- Lifting mechanism for Dock
- Alignment mechanism for Dock
- Pusher System
- Side guide system Structure
Impression Systems has developed an Automatic Loading Dock. The objective of Equipment To transfer FG Pallets automatically from line to inside the truck including truck floor bed modification.
The System in the factory incorporates the following transfer points:
- Cross Transfer System
- Buffer Dock
- Main Dock with Skates
- Truck Guiding Mechanism
- Load Guiding Mechanism
- Control System with bar code rendering
The truck loading automation system have three stages:
- Collection of Pallets: The truck loading automation system collects Pallets from Production Line and Buffers & 18 pallets on the Buffer Dock. When all 18 pallets are loaded on the Buffer Dock, the sensor at the front end and rear end detect that the pallets are loaded.
- Skate moving: The Skates move into the Buffer Dock and where they are inflated. The pallets get transferred on the Skates. The Skates Transfer the pallets to the Main Dock. Meanwhile, Buffering activity on the Buffer Dock continues.
- Truck loading: After the Truck is docked, the operator pushes the load button. The Skates move forward into the Truck. The Skates are deflated and the pallet rests on the raised portion of the Truck platform. The Trolleys return to the Buffer area. When the Trolleys (Skates) are in motion, the pallets are buffered on to the Lifter, Roller Conveyor-1, and Roller Conveyor-2. Provision will be made in the loading system to pallet loading when required, the number of pallets can be modified from 18 pallets to 14, 16, etc.
The system is PLC controlled and is equipped with an HMI with a touch screen. The HMI will indicate the following to the operator: Location of Trolley Condition of Trolley – Loaded/ Unloaded Faults Prompt for entering Truck details after docking The system is equipped with a bar code reader on both the sides. As the Trolley moves into the Truck, the bar code reader will read the bar code and will pass on the information to the Invoicing software. (Invoicing software and the computer in which it is loaded are not in our scope). The position of the bar code on the pallet has to be defined for the system to work. Also the bar codes will be required on both sides of each pallet. If bar code is placed only on one side of the pallet, care has to be taken to ensure that this side of the pallet is facing the bar code reader. Indicators The system is provided with the following Indicator Visual Indication Green Lamp: Indicates that loaded Trolley is available for loading in the Truck Red Lamp: Indicates that Trolley is not available for Loading Orange Lamp: Trolley moving into the Truck Audio Indication Siren is provided near the system. When the Trolley is moving in and out of the Truck the siren will blow.
SCADA System & Reporting Software (Optional)
The scope includes development of software for entire system and testing, including formats for reporting through SCADA. We will supply all necessary hardware and software for the total system contains following hardware and software. Hardware: License software Win-8 PC, Screen 19” with all accessories. Siemens Scada : WinCC : RT2048TAG. 1KVA Ups Sofware : Development of report format Interface with PLC and SCADA Software Interface with Barcode for loading crates Invoice System Interface with Customer’s ERP System Final Reports Customer’s Scope Power Supply for the system Suitable Printer Operator for operating the system.
Interlocks & Safety
Presence of both the trolleys in loading area detected by limit switch. Truck will be loaded only if limit switch activated Presence of pallets on the trolley is detected by photo electric switch. Trolleys move from buffering station to docking station if the pallets are detected. Presence of truck in docking position is detected by limit switch. The trolleys will move into the truck only after the docking of the trucks is sensed. Sensor to ensure that trolley moves from docking station to buffering station in deflated condition and from buffering/ docking station to truck in inflated condition Chain loose/breakage detection. If the chain breaks/ falls off sprocket, system stops. Current limit monitoring to stop trolley in case of jamming. Safety sensor provided on the front of trolley to sense the end of the truck. The Trolley will stop automatically at the end of the Truck. Limit switches provided on trolley to sense the following positions – buffering position docking position end of truck position These help to stop the Trolley and prevent any accident if the Trolley overshoots the position.